- assisting with the development and overseeing of the Bank's processes from a legal point of view
- structure, draft and negotiate commercial agreements and transactions
- resolve issues that arise in existing commercial and banking relationships and handle disputes and inquiries;
- draft legal letters and related documentation as and when required;
- liaise with the Head of Legal Department, act and undertake discussions and negotiations with external regulators and advisers, including lawyers, notaries and auditors;
- give legal advice to all bank's departments and units;
- report in a timely and accurate manner on procedures and developments
- carry out all other duties within the Legal Department, as and when requested.
- a minimum of 3 years' experience preferably within the banking or financial services sector is required.
- hold a University degree in Law, with a warrant to practice as an advocate in Malta
- possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment