Your will be responsible for supporting the Legal Team with all administrative and internal processes, as well as supporting the team to deliver excellent and accurate information and documentation to our clients and other teams.
Working closely with the Group General Counsel and the Head of Legal Operations & Compliance, you will be providing legal assistance in different tasks from master services agreements, employment agreement templates review, legal research regarding employment and immigration regulations in different countries, the corporate structure of our group of companies, GDPR, AML, and KYC checks.
- supporting the Group General Counsel, Head of Legal operations & Compliance, and the rest of the team to deal with the different legal processes of the Company.
- coordinating with the Client Relationship Managers, and onboarding teams, and follow up on any legal support requested by the HR and Operations teams.
- handling the administration of the mailbox accounts of the legal department and ensure all emails are responded timely and all tasks are allocated by the Group General Counsel or the Head of Legal Operations & Compliance.
- updating contract templates, and to keep track of the legal documentation of the company.
- Assisting with the drafting, issuing, and revising of commercial agreements, employment contracts, NDAs, AML/ KYC Checks, and any other legal supporting documentation in line with company policy with zero drop-off rate.
- Supporting on all legal requirements across all the territories we operate in.
- Answering all legal queries under the supervision of the Group General Counsel and Head of Legal operations & Compliance.
- Assisting in all other areas of the Legal department as required on an ad-hoc basis.
- Liaising with legal teams across the world to seek the necessary advice.
- Helping support our sales team by answering queries they have had from potential clients.
- A results-driven approach and will to succeed.
- A positive can-do attitude and proactive.
- Exceptionally high level of attention to detail.
- Strong consultative customer service style.
- Exceptional relationship manager who influences others and can manage and prioritise client expectations.
- Research-oriented and fantastic organisational skills.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- ability to quickly assimilate information.
- Able to develop and maintain competency in all aspects of international employment and legal compliance.
Qualifications and technical knowledge
- 1+ years of experience (international business preferred)
- Strong understanding of commercial contracts, and employment law.
- Relevant legal degree qualification.
- Experience relating to employment & contract law (preferably gained within the PEO/EOR industry or Legal Firms specializing in Employment, commercial and corporate Law).
- Desirable highly technology literate, including Microsoft Office, CRM (Salesforce), and legal tools such as Thomson Reuters, Lexology, AML, and credit reports software.
- Understanding of GDPR regulations.
- Second language a distinct advantage, preferable, German, Dutch or French.
- International/global experience desirable.
An attractive salary package will be offered to the selected candidate.