Our client is currently on the look-out for a Product Manager (for Customer Service Tools), who will play a key role in the creation and execution of product strategy and roadmap for tools and technologies that will innovate and improve customer and agent experience, such as the contact center platform or other customer service-related applications. You will collaborate with key business stakeholders to drive growth and business success for the clients through innovation by leveraging both new & existing tools. In this role, you will partner with cross-functional teams, to optimize your product offering and services, and develop new ones.
This role requires a strong knowledge of contact center platforms and related tools. The usage of APIs to facilitate communication between the core platforms and third-party integrations is a critical component of this role. You will need to be familiar with all areas of development from design to deployment to make informed judgments on which features you should prioritize for a successful product strategy. Key responsibilities will include implementing newly acquired technologies & software to support customer service operations, configuration & real-time/historical reporting & administration and management of solutions in an on-premises or hosted cloud environment.
Product Development & Delivery
- Define the vision for the Product, MLPs, objectives, key results and success metrics in partnership with key teams and in alignment with broader business objectives.
- Own & drive a Product portfolio solving problems that target high business impact for the organization and product area.
- Ensure Product success throughout the entire lifecycle, from implementation of core Tools functionalities, and all future feature releases and supporting products, to ongoing Product support.
- Collaborate with technical and operational stakeholders to ensure that Tooling is adequately maintained and available.
- Collaborate with technical teams & third-party vendors to facilitate API interfaces with the platform/system as needed.
- Socialize strategic plans, roadmaps, and ongoing progress to stakeholders and executives in product review forums, quarterly OKR check-ins, etc.
- Develop & maintain a Test & Learn approach to analyze product impact, continuously iterating and building on learnings
- Be a subject matter expert for the Product user experience, documenting and ensuring teams are trained on standard operating procedures and workflows.
- Drive a deeper understanding of the customer problems that your Product aims to solve and relentlessly develop solutions to address.
- Utilize agile methodologies for sprint planning and development management, in order to drive the roadmap and release schedule.
- Anticipate roadblocks, provide escalation management, and make conciliations to balance business needs versus constraints.
- Regularly update stakeholders on progress, risks & business impact.
- Be able to think critically about the customer experience and communicate those needs to senior stakeholders
- Provide direction and guidance to development and project teams as a thought leader, championing the needs of the customer and internal users.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams including Technology, BI, Product, Customer Service and outsourced vendors/partners.
- Effectively manage priorities for multiple features across technical teams, and business stakeholders.
- Leverage strong meeting and workshop facilitation skills, and conflict resolution.
- 3+ years of experience in a product or programme management related field with a focus on development and technology, or equivalent experience in a leadership level role.
- Prior experience with customer service contact centers & contact center platforms is a must
- Strong understanding of technology components such as applications, databases, networking, VoIP, etc.
- Strong leadership and people management skills. Ability to influence unpopular decisions while maintaining strong working relationships. Must be able to interact effectively across functions and cultures.
- Proven experience implementing and scaling new solutions, as well as monitoring and refining existing solutions to meet the company’s objectives, strategies, and forecasts.
- Client services mentality, flexibility and willingness to collaborate openly with other functions.
- Exceptional analytical skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
- Ability to promptly establish priorities and communicate expectations.
- Able to build deep client and industry knowledge, and identify trends, gaps and opportunities from data and client/industry information.
- Experience of direct operation with agile / scrum methodologies.
- Strong communication skills, strong sense of commitment, troubleshooting skills and ability to deliver in a fast-paced global environment.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to change direction quickly when required by client or project needs.
- Provisionary working pattern: Business days. Working hours around +/- 12pm-9pm including 1hr break. Flexibility is required for both working days and working hours with advance notice.