- Design scripts, test plans and procedures for new pieces of software and work out any bugs with the Development team before it is put into full production.
- Detect any bugs or defects throughout the development process, recording what went wrong and how it was circumvented.
- Document the testing process to ensure the program runs effectively and that any results can be repeatedly replicated.
- Review customer problems or complaints, making any issues that are experienced by numerous customers a priority.
- Work as part of a team to develop new testing tools to make the troubleshooting process more efficient.
- Reviews design specifications to understand the scope, requirements, and function of the software product.
- Identifies appropriate parameters, functions, and data to test and validate; parameters may include general function, the validity of results, accuracy, reliability, and compliance with industry standards.
- Extensive knowledge of software and database testing including designing and manipulating test data, validating stored jobs, and error replication.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to create test plans and cases from specifications or verbal communications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to serve as a liaison with Developers, Project Managers, and Customer Support.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Experience in test automation is a plus.
- A degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or related technology.
- At least three years of experience that are directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Experience in a payments / banking or financial institution is considered an asset.