This process includes a review of their investment process, risk management process, strategy complexity and operational arrangements. As risk officers overseeing multiple trading units, the candidate will be exposed to a whole range of investment management strategies.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a variety of functions, which include:
- Portfolio and operational risk management of the clients’ funds to be performed in accordance with the highest industry standards and regulatory principles. This will include independent verification and deep understanding of the risk metrics produced by the client firm.
- Monitoring of client trading activity and investment limits at the required frequency, typically daily, including timely documentation and communication of the ongoing monitoring performed on trading books.
- Internal and external reporting of risk statistics, exposures, controls and regulatory data, ensuring that these tasks are completed within specific deadlines.
- Support with NAV review of client’s portfolios
- One to two years’ relevant experience
- Educated to degree level in a related discipline (e.g.: Risk Management, Mathematics, Statistics, Finance, Banking, etc.) or relevant professional qualification (e.g.: Investment Management, Law, Compliance, etc.) also welcome
- Excellent work ethic, ability to work on own initiative with minimal supervision, as well as an ability to work as part of a team
- Fluent in English (written and verbal) with excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- A good command of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point with excellent formatting skills
- Proficiency in the use of financial information and leading data providers, mainly Bloomberg, preferred
- Some knowledge of regulatory environment in which the asset management industry operates.