Client is an established set up within the gaming industry.
Client is seeking to recruit a Risk Manager, who will be responsible for the overall management of the risk team and to support the company in implementing an organization-wide Risk Management framework and process.
- Be responsible for the recruitment and management of the respective team (currently envisaged to be made up of two Risk Analysts) and for leading it effectively;
- Review the reports and analyses drafted by the risk team and provide input thereto;
- Define an effective risk architecture including drafting risk management policies and procedures;
- Conduct regularly risk assessments and develop and maintain an effective risk response plan;
- Monitor and report the risk performance;
- Instill a positive risk culture in the Organisation and effectively manage a risk process;
- Research the various risk factors that might affect the gaming industry and in turn the Maltese jurisdiction
- Advise internally stakeholders on risk mitigation techniques;
- Liaise with external stakeholders, such as the FIAU, the NCC and other Government Bodies to consult and co-ordinate accordingly on risk related matters;
- Assist from a risk perspective in the training of staff in different facets and roles;
- Provide regular activity updates to the CRO and/or EXCO as well as the Board of Governors when needed;
- Assist the Board of Governors in establishing the risk appetite;
- Represent the company in various conferences and fora as may be required;
- Carry out any other duties/tasks as directed by the CRO.
- Candidates must be in possession of a first degree in a relevant field;
- Postgraduate qualification in risk management considered an asset
- A minimum of three years working experience in a related area and role.
- Certification from an internationally recognized Institute/Organisation will be considered an asset;
- Possession of relevant experience in the gaming industry shall be considered an asset;
- Proven expertise in the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques used to manage risk within an organization;
- Be able to establish an effective risk communication plan and a risk recording and reporting process;
- In possession of good leadership skills, able to give directions, mentor and motivate the respective team;
- Possess a critical thought, excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Ability to understand broader business issues;
- Excellent command of English;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced and changing environment;
- Ability to organise and present findings and recommendations in a constructive manner (both verbal and written);