The client is a group of companies offering a range of different services in a very dynamic and competitive market.
If seeking to join a successful client accounting team, this could be the right option for you.
Seeking to recruit a mid-level candidate having a couple of years experience within client accounting and is now ready for the next step by taking a more senior role. The chosen candidate will be working in a company which is already well established locally and would be joining an existing team of colleagues in servicing a portfolio of clients.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager of the Client Accounting team, the Accounts Executive will be entrusted to:
- manage a diverse portfolio of clients hailing from different industries, including gaming and financial services;
- completing the management accounts of one's portfolio of clients;
- preparation and submission of VAT returns for this portfolio of clients;
- ensuring all the tasks within the assigned portfolio of clients are completed in accordance with statutory requirements;
- liaising with auditors, tax and vat departments and MFSA, necessary and as directed by the Head of Department;
- liaising with internal departments to obtain information and supporting documentation to allow for the timely preparation of financial statements and statutory returns;
- involvement in client meetings in relation to own portfolio;
- assisting the more junior team members and guide them in their daily questions and in prioritisation of their tasks;
- any other accounting related duties as may be required from time-to-time
- Partly qualified Accountant, or in the process of finalising ACCA;
- Minimum of 2 years experience in an accounting role importantly in client accounting;
- Experience in working on MGA licensed entities would be considered an asset;
- Excellent ability to communicate in English, both verbally and written;
- A proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with clients and internal departments;
- Ability to work on own initiative and with minimum supervision;
- Ability to prioritise between different clients and deadlines according to urgency and ability to multi-task and be organised;
- Works well under pressure and cope with several deadlines at the same time.