- Undertaking the identification and surveillance of current and emerging risks developing within the financial system;
- Undertaking research utilizing econometric and financial modelling and contributing to the development of insurance top-down stress test model;
- Preparing and reviewing technical and analytical reports and briefing notes on systemic and/or other associated risks;
- Contributing to the publications
- Assisting in the formulation of recommendations on any risk-mitigation or supervisory measures required to address relevant risks;
- Advising and acting as a point of reference to other members of staff in your area of expertise;
- Reviewing and providing technical feedback on working documents;
- Preparing relevant financial stability contents on website and social media
- Mentoring and coaching of other staff members in your area of expertise as may be necessary;
- Attending and assisting in technical meetings
- Fostering a good working relationship with internal and external stakeholders and maintaining high quality / standard of work throughout and
- Undertaking other tasks/duties as directed by line management
- Experience in the insurance sector analysis as well as a keen interest in developing risk monitoring metrics is required
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of advanced data analysis packages such as Python, R and SQL would be considered as an asset.
- The role calls for an academic qualification in insurance, finance, economics or other relevant studies at National Qualification Framework Level 6 or better, duly certified by the Malta Qualifications Recognition Information Centre (MQRIC) or a widely recognized professional qualification at a comparable level as well as five (5 years) experience in a related area.