Responsibilities include reviewing work performed by client accounting teams based elsewhere, assisting with any queries arising, coordinating with other team members, clients and external parties while ensuring that an effective and efficient service is delivered.
Further responsibilities include:
- Provide client accounting, and other services to an allocated client portfolio which includes the production of financial statements for companies, trusts and/or other legal entities.
- Prepare interim reports, management accounts and statutory annual accounts in accordance with applicable accounting standards.
- Assist other team members and review their work when required.
- Applying standard procedures to facilitate the rendering of quality services to clients in a consistent, effective and efficient manner and exercising quality control to ensure that all accounting reports conform to set standards.
- Carrying out on a timely basis all necessary administrative tasks.
- Ensure that client accounting files are organized and complete.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with clients and with other functions
- Record all time spent accurately to facilitate invoicing and internal reporting.
- Provide assistance with any required analysis work and special projects as required.
- A recognised professional accounting qualification.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience
- Experience in producing IFRS and/or GAPSE financial statements and/or consolidations would be an advantage.
- Be fluent in English and have strong writing skills in English language.
- Be computer literate with good knowledge of all MS Office packages. Be highly organised with a systematic work method. Attention to detail and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines is a prerequisite.
- Ability to deal with both operational/procedural and client issues
Applicants need to be living in Malta and possess an EU citizenship, due to work permit restrictions.