Our client is looking for a Senior Scrum Master who will help our teams to perform to their best and be at optimum efficiency by fostering best practices and relentless improvement.
This is a great opportunity for a seasoned Agile practitioner. The selected candidate will find success through enabling teams to deliver results. In short, you will get stuff delivered, but you are more concerned with process results than process enforcement.
- Fosters a culture of ownership and self-organization within teams.
- Coordinates and facilitates key team meetings including sprint planning, DSUs, and sprint retros. Holds themselves accountable for the effectiveness and productivity of such meetings.
- Supports product owners in building a high-value product backlog, and defining the scope of upcoming sprints. Encourages the early involvement of team members in the process of building the product backlog.
- Drives removal of impediments which slow teams down, while understanding the importance of not necessarily removing such impediments on their behalf.
- Helps teams implement best practices and relentlessly improve on them.
- Motivates teams to have effective retrospectives, and holds regular health check-ins.
- Guides teams through their journey of experimentation towards what works best for them to achieve their goals, while steering clear of common anti-patterns. We are not married to any particular flavour of Agile.
- Helps teams create the necessary mechanisms to reach for high performance, understands that if a team fails, its coach has failed, and holds themselves accountable to this standard.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Established team leadership skills that focus on inspiration and influence.
- 5+ years of experience as a Scrum Master or Agile Coach, additional experience in a Project Management role would be a big plus.
- Has a solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and good engineering practices.
- Comfortable working with a distributed team.
- Curious, well read in Agile and associated topics, and quickly learns and applies new approaches.
- Extensive experience working with agile teams; a strong grasp of the fundamentals of Lean, Kanban and Scrum is a must, even though they might not be applied by the book
- An experienced facilitator, and has a strong understanding of the differences between a working group and a team, different models for team formation and development, the key attributes of an effective agile team, and techniques to help teams reach for high performance.
- Fosters self-organization and an environment of accountability.
- Very familiar with Agile anti-patterns and methods to guide teams away from such pitfalls.
- Blends in elements of “classic” project management where necessary to enhance delivery, without undermining Agile principles.
- Advanced Jira skills, including the ability to build and customize boards, generate, and interpret a variety of reports, as well as understanding and writing search queries in JQL.