Reporting to the Strategic Project Manager, chosen applicant will be focusing on achieving business results by supporting and coordinating various special projects and initiatives aligned with the company’s strategic mission and objectives. In doing so, the Strategic Projects Coordinator will provide research and insight to develop best practice across various areas.
- Support MD Office projects as needed and ensure cross-functional alignment of activities and objectives.
- Support the alignment of business objectives and processes through the provision of management research and insight, tools and templates.
- Support shifts in systems and processes to enable enhanced business performance in a very dynamic environment.
- Support and coordinate initiatives to increase efficiencies and speed up processes across the business.
- Support shifts in structure and culture in support of business performance in a very dynamic environment.
- Provide support to set up, onboarding and integration activities with respect to new business initiatives
- Support future acquisitions including participation on integration analysis and planning
- Form part of the Project Management Office on new mergers, acquisitions or other new investments to support the coordination of a smooth transition
- Draft and format information for internal and external communication – memos, emails, presentations, reports – and process correspondence for the MD office
- Support the MD in building a network of contacts with potential clients / suppliers, national authorities and embassies as relevant with the objective of leveraging support for strategic Company objectives.
- Provide logistical support to support travel arrangements and key meetings such as visits to distributors, fairs, Board Meetings and AGMs, ensuring a smooth itinerary and clear agenda are in place
Ideal Candidate profile
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-years experience in supporting strategic and business plans and robust understanding of a multi-faceted business operation
- Business finance experience will be preferred
- Strategy implementation and coordination
- Performance management and improvement
- Process engineering
- Administrative and organisational skills