Our Client is recruiting a system engineer to join its Technical Operations (TechOps) team. The successful candidate will primarily be responsible for the planning, management, deployment, configuration and support of internal infrastructure.
- Maintaining system availability by ensuring monitoring is in place, capacity planning and update management.
- Planning and executing ongoing maintenance systems under the scope of Internal IT and as-a-Service offerings.
- Ensuring system performance and availability is up to the agreed standards – carry out audits and tests and documenting results.
- Train and build high quality documentation to allow for the spread of knowledge within the team and also within other teams to allow for tasks to be carried out by the NOC team.
- Manage the company’s Microsoft 365 environment to maximise benefits of the platform and deploy appropriate security and automation functions.
- Ensuring all systems are properly documented, with the relevant documentation updated as needed.
- Automate across all platforms to increase efficiency.
- Record changes happening across the platforms and keep a change management log. Plan maintenance windows when a change is disruptive.
- Ensure that all systems are inventorised and that inventory is kept up to date.
- Provide advice to internal users on software or hardware requests that they may need from time to time.
- Participate in IT audits.
- Experience with server grade hardware, Windows and Linux systems.
- Experience with SQL servers
- Experience with Monitoring Systems and supporting systems (Nagios, Grafana etc).
- Experience with Microsoft 365, Azure and AWS.
- Experience with VMWare and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Documentation skills.