Our client is currently looking for a Systems Engineer within the Enterprise Solutions team. The Enterprise Solutions team provides managed services to customers across on-premise, data center and cloud environments.
This role is being offered on a hybrid arrangement – you will also be expected to visit customers on premise as required. As part of the enterprise solutions team, you will be part of a team in an on-call rotation.
- Onboarding, administering and performing operational tasks on customers’ cloud and on-premise environments;
- Working at system support level on day to day operational issues, requests and project tasks involving various technologies e.g. Azure, Windows server, Linux servers, patching tools, server virtual machine sizing;
- Installing, configuring administrating and managing Azure compute instances, Azure Backup, Azure Storage Monitor, snapshot, Azure Storage;
- Proactively scheduling preventive maintenance and service enhancements to customers’ managed environments across systems, networking, security, and cloud;
- Taking ownership of issues, with a sense of urgency, and using sound judgement to prioritize and resolve problems;
- Working with the commercial team to identify customer requirements and help build the right solution;
- Documenting environments and problem solutions.
- Knowledge of Azure and Microsoft 365
- Hands-on system administration of Windows server-side infrastructure, virtual machines, and associated technologies on physical servers
- Configure and troubleshoot Terminal servers (RDS), Windows Clustering, NLB, DFS, Internal PKI, and Hyper-V. PowerShell cmdlet and scripting
- Must be able to effectively coordinate and multi-task across various groups and functional teams inside and outside of the organization;
- Be proficient in at least two areas:
- Microsoft Azure;
- Microsoft 365 technologies;
- Linux OS;
- Database Administration.
You can score some bonus points if you have:
- Experience on AWS and/or GCP will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of scripting and automation concepts
- Knowledge of ISO 27001, PCI DSS Standards;
- Knowledge of security best practice
- Microsoft qualifications such as AZ-500, MS-500 and AZ-104.
- Certifications will be required – your manager will assign certifications tracks to be achieved from time to time as required.