- Sets the direction of the software engineering department in collaboration with the technical management team and drives the execution of the engineering strategy in line with the company goals.
- Advocate core software development principles, mentoring seniors and are consulted on the analysis and design of modules, projects, and features.
- Evaluate and provide feedback on emerging technologies to determine potential benefits and business value.
- Innovates and pioneers design, software development, process, workflow, metrics, planning and architecture.
- Have at least 10 years of experience engineering software and can clearly communicate ideas and solutions with both technical and non-technical colleagues.
- You have extensive Object Oriented Software Development experience/knowledge preferably in Java, comfortable with frontend technologies (Angular and React)
- You have a delivery mindset, embrace Agile values, and demonstrate a well-rounded knowledge of cutting-edge technologies such as Junit, Mockito and Continuous Delivery Pipelines; relational (MySQL) and NoSQL (Mongo) databases; implementing, consuming and documenting APIs (RAML and OpenAPI); and microservices technologies (Kafka, Zookeeper, Docker and Kubernetes).
- You are an evangelist of test-driven development, emphasizing well-written unit and integration tests using tools such as JUnit and Mockito and experience with UI test tools such as Selenium.
- You have a delivery-mindset, setting high-standards and are pragmatic and able to prioritize and balance the various constraints involved in delivering software to produce satisfactory results in a timely fashion.