Our client is looking for a Technical Support Engineering Lead to lead a team of highly talented Support Engineers. Apart from providing technical support to corporate customers, the team is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the hosted systems, as well as setting up new deployments for scope of SiteOps responsibilities. The ideal candidate must be a motivated team player that can see projects to completion, work independently, and be willing to lead other team members to ensure the highest level of satisfaction.
- Line manage and oversee personal development of his team, performing resource allocation to tasks, monitor team progress, approving leave, and perform routine performance appraisals.
- Guide team efforts towards successful project delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Provide technical leadership to team-mates through coaching and mentor-ship.
- Maintain high standards of application management and support within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Assist in planning and work with other stakeholders to schedule tasks achieving a balance between application management, customer support, and service improvements projects.
- Maintaining operations and administering our client’ s proprietary and ancillary systems, ensuring corporate SLAs are met.
- Maintain healthy systems and develop and measure KPIs in all system layers.
- Troubleshooting day-to-day client issues and provide timely support to customers using CRM tools.
- Setup environments and deploy applications for new customers.
- Bsc. in ICT, Engineering or equivalent qualification or a minimum of 4 years of experience in a senior role.
- Team-leading experience with the ability to influence, set an example, and develop your team to continuously improve outcomes.
- Strong working knowledge of MySQL, Linux and Web Applications.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- A positive person with a can-do attitude and willingness to learn.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize as required.