Our client is looking to grow their team and are seeking a dedicated, hardworking and committed lawyer to work as an Associate, specialising in AMLFT & Compliance. The successful candidate will assist the Partners and Head of Office with the administration of licenced entities and companies of varying levels of complexity, whilst fulfilling all appropriate compliance requirements. He/she will also be required, over time, to take on positions as company secretary / director / compliance officer / money laundering reporting officer within client entities.
Our client is an international boutique firm specialized in the areas of regulatory banking and corporate finance.
Duties will include but are not limited:
- Act as a legal advisor on AMLFT & Compliance, including preparation of internal/external policies.
- Take on positions within the clients’ company structure as part of the service provided by the company such as Director/Compliance Officer, MLRO and/or Company Secretary. Maintaining company records, including due diligence records, ensuring all files are maintained up to date and in an orderly manner.
- Prepare Directors’ and Shareholders’ resolutions when required. Assist with the preparation of minutes of Meetings, company secretarial matters such as maintaining and updating share registers and the issue of certificates as other filing of forms and returns with the Company Registry;
- Taking care of compliance and anti-money laundering matters in respect of Malta-licensed entities.
- Be smart, confident and of a high level of integrity and professional ethics;
- Be admitted to the Malta Bar (essential);
- A qualification in AMLFT and/or Compliance (preferred);
- Minimum 2 years working experience in Compliance;
- Have a good command of the English language and must be well acquainted with Microsoft Office (ideally, with ECDL qualification).
- Be pro-active and have the willingness and drive to implement new methodologies;
- Be highly self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Possess excellent problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Be willing to learn further and develop his/her skills and be able to work under the instruction and guidance of Partners and/or Senior Associates.
- Be capable of influencing and interfacing easily with employees at all level.
An attractive offer commensurate with experience will be given to the chosen candidate.
Sarah Miceli +356 2123 2224/5, 2557 2223 (direct)