We are seeking to recruit Data Analyst individuals with proven knowledge and experience in statistical analysis, risk assessment & management whilst report writing is considered as an asset.
Our client is responsible for the collection, processing, analysis and sharing of information for compliance purposes.
The selected candidates would be expected to:
- Assisting in conducting risk assessment of subject persons by obtaining risk data from the relevant sources, advising on how to formulate/enhance risk collection methodologies and procedures, and maintaining the company’s risk scoring methodology.
- Verifying risk data for inaccuracies and apply statistical methods to address such limitations. Assisting in analysing risk assessment results of subject persons and transposing these in annual supervisory plan outlining the frequency and coverage methods of supervision.
- Ensuring that the risk profile of subject persons is kept updated at all times, and liaising with management if significant changes in such profiles is identified. Assisting in the preparation of statistics used by the Supervision and Enforcement Section in carrying out effective supervision on subject persons including statistics on main AML/CFT risk trends, compliance examination status, AML/CFT breaches and enforcement measures.
- Analysing data hosted on the company’s risk platform to identify, understand and interpret AML/CFT risk trends and shortcomings, and contribute in writing reports and preparing data for publication to subject persons and other stakeholders addressing the latter.
- Assisting the Senior Manager or Manager in planning, executing and monitoring projects implemented by the Supervision and Enforcement Section.
- Cooperating with other Supervisory Authorities and attend meetings as necessary;
- Carrying out any other duties that may be assigned by the senior management.
- University degree or an equivalent qualification in Banking and Finance, Financial Services, Economics, Law, English, History or in any other subject provided that the applicant has proven experience in an area, which is relevant to this position.
- Knowledge of the laws that govern prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism in Malta and the international standards and EU legislation in the area.
- Sound knowledge in Banking and Finance, Financial Services, Economics and Law.
- Proven knowledge and experience in statistical analysis, risk assessment & management and report writing is considered as an asset.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills in either Maltese or English.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and office automation tools.
Sarah Miceli +356 2123 2224/5, 2557 2223 (direct)