Our client is looking to grow their team and are seeking to recruit a lawyer to assist in providing clients with advice in Data Protection.
Our client is an international boutique firm specialized in the areas of regulatory banking and corporate finance.
Duties include but are not limited :
- Developing Data Protection support as a business line within the firm, taking a proactive approach to bringing in and growing the business
- Reviewing and upgrading internal policies and procedures, which have a direct or indirect impact on the Group’s data protection obligations, in accordance with best practices, including intra-group data processing agreements
- Providing efficient and effective Data Protection support to and its clients
- Developing the firm’s GDPR compliance system and ensure that it is adequately maintained
- Raising awareness within the Group, providing periodic training to staff in relation to data protection rights and obligations
- Reviewing business forms and contracts, bringing them in line with GDPR requirements, ensuring that consent forms are obtained when required
- Providing guidance and oversight in all aspects of privacy impact assessments, including effects in the adoption of new (or changes to current) policies or procedures
- Informing and advising the firm and its clients of their GDPR compliance obligations and reporting any data protection concerns to senior management
- Carrying out random checks for the firm and its clients to ensure appropriate GDPR compliance, maintaining comprehensive records of personal data processing activities
- Acting as the contact point for data subjects and clients with regards to all issues related to the processing of their personal data and to the exercise of their rights, including subject access requests
- Liaising closely with IT to ensure implementation and maintenance of appropriate security controls
- Preparing procedures for the issuance of data breach notifications within the stipulated timeframes, where necessary.
- Candidates must hold a Law Degree and must be Admitted to the Bar
- Qualifications and experience in Data Protection would be required
- 2 years’ working experience in Compliance would be an asset
- Candidates must be proactive and have the willingness to drive new methodologies
- Candidates must hold excellent communication skills in English
An attractive salary will be offered to the right candidate.
Sarah Miceli +356 2123 2224/5, 2557 2223 (direct)