We are seeking to recruit a Compliance Analyst on behalf of our established client, operating within the financial services industry.
Our client is an established bank specialising in highly personalised banking and innovative investment solutions backed by experience, competence and robust support services.
The Compliance Analyst will be responsible for assisting the Compliance Officer. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Monitoring regulatory and legislative developments and support the business to respond to regulatory change Guiding the business in their interaction with international, institutional and corporate customers during due diligence exercise prior to onboarding and during the course of the customer relationship
- Identifying compliance risks and ineffective controls and supporting the business to improve controls to mitigate risks
- Assisting in the execution of the Compliance Monitoring Plan
- Assisting in dealing with correspondence and/or responding to queries from regulators
- Dealing with customer complaints to ensure they are resolved in line with regulatory standards
- Performing oversight over Regulatory Reporting
- Working to achieve increased compliance awareness to maintain a strong business compliance culture
- Other ad-hoc duties required for the operation of the Compliance function.
An attractive salary will be offered to the right candidate.
- Preferably possess a university degree in Banking and Finance, IFS qualification or other relevant banking/compliance qualification that is relevant to the role.
- Have a sound understanding of financial services legislation and regulation
- Be capable of communicating effectively both orally and in writing
- Must possess interpersonal qualities that enable him/her gain the respect of business and senior management and regulators
- Must have an objective approach to be able to exercise independent judgement, express opinions and make recommendations with impartiality.