An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Compliance Analyst to join the compliance department of an established bank here in Malta.
Our client is an established bank here in Malta.
Monitoring regulatory and legislative developments
Supporting the business to respond to regulatory change through leading regulatory change projects
Guiding the business in their interaction with international, institutional and corporate customers with the onboarding stage and during the course of the customer relationship (non AML related)
Identifying compliance risks and supporting the business to improve/introduce controls to mitigate risks
Assisting in the execution of the Compliance Monitoring Plan
Assisting in dealing with correspondence and/or responding to queries from regulators
Dealing with customer complaints to ensure they are resolved in line with regulatory standards.
Performing oversight over Regulatory Reporting
Working to achieve increased compliance awareness and maintain a strong business compliance culture
Other ad-hoc duties required for the operation of the Compliance function
- University degree in Banking, Finance or Law is considered an asset
- IFS Qualifications or other relevant banking/investments/compliance qualifications
- Knowledge of financial services legislation and regulation, in relation to banking and investment products and services
- Preferably a minimum of 1 year experience working in the financial services industry
- Ability to research and analyze, with attention to detail
- Must have objective approach to be able to exercise independent judgment, express opinions and make impartial recommendations
- Assertive individual, capable of gaining the respect of senior management, colleagues and regulators
- Excellent command of English, both oral and written
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate.
Francesca Buhagiar +356 2123 2224/5, 2557 2225 (direct)