An opportunity has arisen to work within a multidisciplinary firm providing corporate, trusteeship and fiduciary services to clients around the world.
We are looking for a meticulous and proactive individual who has a practical and hands-on approach, to join our client’s legal team in the Malta office, as a Compliance and AML Executive.
Our client is an established firm in the corporate services sector, specialising in company incorporation, company maintenance, corporate structures, mergers and acquisitions, residence and trusts.
The Compliance and AML Executive will be a vital member within the team and the responsibilities attached to this role include, but are not limited to:
- Taking responsibility of onboarding of new clients and carrying out ongoing monitoring for existing clients;
- Providing feedback on terms and conditions in legal contracts from a compliance perspective;
- Liaise with the company’s compliance and legal advisors in terms of ongoing compliance matters;
- Assist in regulatory projects such as license applications, policies and procedures, as well as in corporate structure and tax related projects;
- Provide effective compliance advice, support and internal training across the business
- Remain abreast of regulatory developments and internal procedures;
- Take over regulatory processes and be point of liaison with all competent authorities
- Ensure overall compliance with local laws and regulations
- 2-3 years’ experience in a similar role;
- Fluent in the English language – additional language skills shall be considered an asset;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, independently and manage own workload while being part of a motivated team;
- Excellent communication skills; organised with a good eye for detail;
- A legal background, although not necessary, shall be considered an asset
Sarah Miceli +356 2123 2224/5, 2557 2223 (direct)