We are seeking to recruit a Compliance Executive with experience in banking regulations and compliance.
Our client is an established international company within the financial services industry.
The role entails the following responsibilities:
- Assist in the planning and effective execution of a compliance programme;
- Creating, upgrading and implementing policies and procedures to promote compliance with legal and regulatory requirements;
- Identifying potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk as well as actively developing solutions;
- Oversee the onboarding and ongoing monitoring of client accounts to ensure compliance with the Bank’s policies and procedures;
- Monitoring and assisting in internal and external audits and investigations;
- Mentor any junior staff engaged to form part of the compliance function and in doing so, s/he must try to bring them on to higher levels of competence;
- Assist senior management in taking proper and timely decisions in relation to his/her area of competence;
- Assist in the submissions and correspondence with regulators related to compliance matters;
- Act as the secretary for the onboarding committee;
- Act as Data Protection Office (‘DPO’) of the Bank;
- Perform any additional task related to the post;
- 1st degree in financial services or legal areas;
- Good grasp of the regulatory framework ranging from AMLD4, PSD2 and GDPR is highly desired;
- Candidates with a minimum 3 years’ experience in banking regulations and compliance will be preferred;
- Excellent communication and writing skills;
- Fluency in English and Maltese.
The chosen candidate will benefit from an attractive remuneration package commensurate with experience together with the opportunity to become part of an energetic management team of a well-structured organization.
Sarah Miceli +356 2123 2224/5, 2557 2223 (direct)