Our client, an international insurance company is seeking to recruit a Compliance Officer and MLRO to join their team.
The purpose of this role is to be proactive in providing solutions to business issues, advice, training and guidance to the Malta business in embedding policies and procedures to maintain a professional standard.
Our client is a risk & insurance advisory firm.
As a Compliance Officer you would be reporting to the MLRO. Duties include:
- Acting as first point of contact for and to resolve quickly and efficiently, general compliance queries.
- Reviewing as required policies and procedures, ensuring that they are in accordance with the overarching policy framework and otherwise meet regulatory standards, enhance risk management and deliver fair outcomes for customers as applicable.
- Providing assistance in resolving Line 2 & Line 3 audit auction points
- Reviewing annual Business Plans and provide advice on the effective management of resultant regulatory and conduct risk.
- Working with the team in London to help manage the relationship with our regulators
- Considering the impact of any matters of concern or changes that arise in the business, from their regulators, the insurance market or European Commission. Manage breaches and complaints, adjudicate thereon and resolve complaints ensuring appropriate records are maintained and lessons learned with corrective actions implemented to prevent future problems.
- Ensuring company have in place robust and effective procedures to mitigate the risk of financial crime, money laundering, bribery and corruption on our business.
- Assisting the Risk & Control Committee in maintaining a risk management framework for the identification of risks to the business.
- Ongoing maintenance of and reporting on the status of the Risk Register.
- Maintaining a market security analysis function for the assessment and approval of insurers and intermediaries. Reviewing new and existing products in line with the company’s policies and procedures.
- Monitoring and review of changes in status and advice to clients, including controls around account opening and transactions, and review of delegated authorities, TOBA and other client and market agreements
- Managing conflicts of interest.
- Attending meetings and committees, as required, ensuring that risk and compliance issues are discussed, solutions are agreed on and the business operates within risk appetite.Assisting the Head of International Risk & Compliance in identifying, analysing and responding to regulatory change.
- Appropriate qualifications to perform the role.
- 3-5 years’ experience of Financial Services Regulation and operating in a regulated environment.
- Necessary attributes and experience to obtain approval from the MFSA.
- An understanding of or a working knowledge of the regulatory framework.
- Ability to translate regulatory requirements into proportionate policies and processes.
- An understanding of or a working knowledge in conducting audit reviews of business activities utilising a risk based approach.
- In-depth understanding of the marketplace and placing practice
- Ability to identify opportunities for business efficiency, develop and implement internal systems and controls
- Ability to compile, analyse and interpret financial information and data to facilitate decision making.
- An understanding of or working knowledge of the legal and general principles applicable to insurance
- An understanding of or working knowledge of the nature and structure of the insurance industry in Malta and UK. An understanding of or working knowledge of the Lloyd’s market and its processes and procedures.
- An understanding of or working knowledge of risk management.
- An understanding of or working knowledge of corporate governance and systems and controls.
- An understanding of or a working knowledge of how to mitigate E&O.
- Willingness and ability to continue to develop knowledge of the insurance industry and role through formal and informal learning
An attractive salary will be offered to the right candidate.
Francesca Buhagiar +356 2123 2224/5, 2557 2225 (direct)