A licensed financial institution is seeking to recruit a Compliance Officer and Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) who will be responsible for all aspects of the Institution’s Regulatory Compliance, AML and CFT frameworks in relation to activities conducted by the institution. The individual shall be responsible for ensuring that the institution maintains compliance with all current and future regulatory requirements including AML/CFT.
Our client is an established financial institution.
- Ensuring that the institution operates within the terms of its license conditions and other applicable laws, directives and regulations, as well as in terms of its policies and procedures
- Developing and implementing a Compliance Plan
- Leading, drafting and reviewing governance policies and procedures
- being responsible to carry out the AML/CFT Risk Assessments
- Assisting with the regulatory quarterly, semi-annual and annual reporting submissions
- Ensuring the institution and its employees are kept aware of their compliance and regulatory obligations within their area of responsibility and provide the necessary training particularly in relation to AML/CFT;
- Preparation of regular Reports to the Board of Directors, CEO and applicable Board Committees;
- Investigating and analyzing unusual activity reporting from staff and consider such reports in order to compile and file a Suspicious Transaction Report and submit same to the FIAU
- Acting as point of contact with the MFSA, CBM, FIAU and other regulators on issues relating to Compliance and AML/CFT within the institution, including responding promptly to any request for information made by the authorities; follow-up on STRs; and compliance assessments carried out by authorities
- The ideal candidate should be in possession of a higher degree from a recognised educational body
- Have working experience in a regulatory environment with strong understanding of Compliance and AML / CFT requirements
- To act as an approved person by MFSA and FIAU or any other regulatory authority, as deemed necessary;
- Highly motivated and able to work on own initiative and to prioritise
- Open minded to be part of an international area;
- Pro-active attitude to project delivery and reaching deadlines; and
- Candidates already in possession of a valid PQ with MFSA will be given preference.
An attractive salary will be offered to the right candidate.
Francesca Buhagiar +356 2123 2224/5, 2557 2225 (direct)