Our recently established client, operating within the financial services industry, is seeking to recruit a Compliance Officer to join their team. This is an excellent opportunity for candidates who wish to join an international company and develop their career further within compliance.
Our client is a recently established financial services company here in Malta, which provides access to global markets with the highest-quality execution.
Some of the duties include but are not limited to:
- Filing all reports, returns and notifications with the MFSA;
- Obtaining documents on the MFSA’s request;
- Assisting MFSA personnel as necessary during compliance visits;
- Reviewing of all relevant documentation kept by the Company;
- Reporting to the Board of Directors on quarterly basis along with the quarterly compliance report;
- Ensuring that the Company is complying with all its obligations under Maltese law in particular with the conditions of its Investment Services Licence and the Investment Services Rules;
- Ensuring that all local regulatory and statutory reporting is carried out concerning suspicious transactions;
- Ensuring that prevention of money laundering requirements are complied with including training and record keeping;
- Ensuring proper KYC procedures are in place;
- Dealing with all enquiries from the FIAU and the MFSA;
- This position calls for a smart candidate, who has great attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills are required
- Fluency in English and Maltese
- Candidates who are already submitted their PQ to the MFSA would be given preference
A salary of around 35-37K will be offered to the right candidate.
- Previous experience within the financial services is required. Experience within investments would be considered a great asset
- Previous compliance experience is a must for this role.