Our client is looking for a Compliance Officer to ensure that their operations and business transactions follow all relevant regulatory and internal rules.You will also be responsible for reviewing employees’ work and provide advice on compliance.
Our client is a financial services institution.
The Compliance Officer will be reporting to the Head of Compliance and MLRO. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Client onboarding- Conducting necessary KYB/C, Sanction and PEP checks for all our clients
- Reporting suspicious activity to the MLRO
- Internal and External statistic reporting
- Assisting with the compliance monitoring program
- Assisting with training all employees on AML, ABC and Whistleblowing
- Transaction Monitoring
- Handling external investigations
- Assisting in relevant regulatory reporting
- Reviewing of complaints
- Skilled in data analysis, particularly of Excel lists and pivot tables.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to work effectively and diligently on own initiative and within a team environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to think outside the box.
- Internet savvy and highly conversant with search engines and advanced search techniques
- Knowledge of EU regulations (preferably UK and Malta) is required
- 2+ years’ experience in a Compliance role (preferably within a Financial Institution) is also required
An attractive salary will be offered to the right candidate.
Francesca Buhagiar +356 2123 2224/5, 2557 2225 (direct)