We are looking for a Compliance Officer & a Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO). The employee will be accountable for the management of all Compliance and AML processes and operations in the Malta offices, working closely with the Group Head of Compliance and the local team and the Board of Directors. The ideal candidate needs to be experienced in financial services, funds in particular, and in ideal circumstances also in the area of trusts, corporate services and securitisation.
Our client is an international company that offers fiduciary and accounting services, company administration, private client services, financing and fund solutions.
- Advising the management and staff members on all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and standards, including FATCA/CRS; act as a central point of contact for all information on compliance-related issues
- Act as main point of contact for local regulators; liaise with relevant external bodies and regulators on compliance matters;
- Establishing and maintaining effective compliance systems and controls; ensure compliance with all requirements and regulatory standards of all applicable regulators;
- Assessing and deciding on applications of new and existing customers; report any suspicious transactions to the MFSA and FIAU; answer requests made by competent authorities as appropriate;
- Assessing, establishing and maintaining appropriate written compliance policies, procedures and guidelines, and ensuring the implementation of corrective measures;
- Performing regular and comprehensive compliance risk assessments and testing; reporting the results on a regular basis, and promptly to the Board when necessary;
- Ensuring that all compliance reports are submitted promptly and accurately; maintaining records of reports as well as subsequent actions taken; keep all records up to date;
- Assessing the company’s operational risk management, challenge the business perception of risk, and report relevant and significant risks to the Board;
- Taking care of the compliance infrastructure and conducting staff training.
- As an MLRO Officer, you will oversee compliance with the FIAU’s rules on systems and controls against money laundering and for countering the risk of financial crime. The systems and controls must enable the company to identify, assess, monitor and manage money laundering risk;
- Ensure that all AML reports are submitted promptly and accurately to the regulators;
- Monitor the day-to-day operation of AML/CFT policies, and respond promptly to any reasonable request for information made by competent authorities or law enforcement;
- Assess and maintain the practice of a risk-based approach to the prevention of money laundering/terrorist financing and review the practice on a regular basis;
- Operate all AML reporting within the required standards;
- Ensure a high standard of training and awareness of employees.
- Qualified lawyer, though not obligatory;
- Recognised (PQ’d) by the MFSA as Compliance Officer is a must, ideally also as MLRO;
- Experience in a similar role with a strong background in an AML function;
- Experience in financial services, knowledge and experience in FATCA and CRS;
- Creative problem solver with a strong positive mind-set;
- Able to make decisions with sound judgement and to adopt an pragmatic-based approach;
- Trustworthy, credible and influential individual;
- Fluent in English, any other language is a plus.
Sarah Miceli +356 2123 2224/5, 2557 2223 (direct)