The Corporate Counsel role will be joining an international legal team, located in the U.S., Canada, and Germany. This role will primarily support the company’s business, but will also support further business in EMEA generally. The position will report directly to the company’s General Counsel and will be located in Switzerland.
A global leader in cross-platform solutions, making it simple for customers to use and access the applications and files they need on any device or operating system.
- Draft, review, edit and finalize a wide range of complex legal documents with multiple elements of delivery, including reseller/distribution agreements, master service agreements, professional services agreements, agreements, consulting, teaming, outsourcing, hosting and other technology agreements, while working collaboratively with the sales and finance teams and C-level staff;
- Analyze contract terms & conditions to ensure compliance with applicable laws and corporate policies; provide advice to the sales and finance team; advise product teams on appropriate commercial structure for new product offerings;
- Assist with due diligence and integration of acquisition targets;
- Prepare template software product sales and service agreements; cloud computing agreements, partner/supplier agreements; licenses; distribution and supply agreements for product offerings; and
- Provide legal support and guidance for internal functions, including HR, product development, compliance, risk management, product sales, services, procurement, operations, and finance.
- Masters degree in law, completion of two-year apprenticeship, and passage of cantonal bar; excellent academic credentials;
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience, with some portion of that time working for a reputable, international law firm;
- Focus in information-technology transactions a must; experience in commercial, intellectual property, and/or privacy law is a significant plus;
- Demonstrated ability to draft, review, and negotiate a high volume of contracts in a business where both timeliness and excellence in work product are expected;
- Ability to clearly articulate and defend risk analysis; critically examine business practices to ensure they are aligned with legal requirements; provide advice regarding business and legal risk;
- A proven team player and consensus builder who takes a business approach to law;
- A flexible self-starter and proactive problem solver who can work autonomously and handle significant client contact;
- Ability to clearly present information and reasoning, in writing and orally, in responding to questions from vendors, customers, and colleagues, with a focus on client service;
- Diplomatic, approachable and possessing good business and personal judgment;
- Must manage conflicting demands from multiple business clients in a fast-paced environment;
- Inherent ability to act with the highest integrity and professionalism;
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines;
- Working knowledge of a contract management or contract lifecycle software
- Experience with employment law and working as a council in the GAS region
- Ability to read Russian and experience with contracts in Russia a big plus; and
- A good sense of humour and a love of technology.
An attractive salary package will be offered to the chosen candidate.
Sarah Miceli +356 2123 2224/5, 2557 2223 (direct)