As part of the growth in our clients’ services portfolio, we are seeking to recruit an ambitious and driven Corporate Gaming Executive to join a team of experienced and dedicated professionals.
Our client is a group of companies offering a range of different services in a very dynamic and competitive B2B and B2C environments.
- Managing a portfolio of clients and handling client requests in relation to their companies;
- Setting up of new companies, preparation and submission of statutory filings;
- Take responsibility of licencing matters including the timely collation, compilation and submission of gaming licence documentation to the relevant Authority and ensure that they are followed upon and completed as necessary
- Opening/closure of bank accounts and liaising with banks on a regular basis;
- Maintaining company registers;
- Liaising and corresponding with lawyers, accountants, auditors and other service providers on behalf of the corporate clients;
- Liaising with the Registry of Companies and any other regulatory authorities
- Collection and verification of due diligence conducted as part of our know-your-client procedures;
- Honoring service level agreements by executing the required services in the shortest time frame possible whilst delivering a service that is of the highest quality, meeting clients’ expectations;
- Maintain an open dialogue of communication with clients on a regular basis and keeping clients informed on any new relevant developments within their industry.
- Any other task as instructed by superiors at any point in time.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role ideally within the financial, legal and/or gaming corporate service sectors;
- Knowledge of MGA regulations would be considered an asset.
- Qualifications in a relevant field – a tertiary level of education would be desired;
- Impeccable fluency in written and spoken English;
- A 5-star service mentality, ensuring client satisfaction in every interaction whilst demonstrating a solid business acumen;
- Strong communication skills, able to engage positively and productively with clients, colleagues and service providers alike;
- Able to work under pressure, multi-task and meet tight deadlines;
- Highly organised, efficient and able to manage own workload with minimal supervision;
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft applications;
The right candidate will be offered an attractive remuneration package and progression plan, commensurate with knowledge and experience.
Sarah Miceli +356 2123 2224/5, 2557 2223 (direct)