On behalf of our well established client, we are seeking to recruit for a Data Protection Owner. The Data Protection Owner will own the compliance stream of the data product management function and associated backlog.
Our client is an established bank offering a selection of savings and investment schemes whilst also including wealth management.
- defining the vision and strategic roadmap for the Compliance stream based on business needs and priorities
- Engaging internal stakeholders and collaborating with Business Development to gather requirements for Compliance data products providing guidance where necessary
- Breaking down projects and initiatives into phased deliverables
- Leading backlog refinement and sprint planning sessions
- Supporting product deployment, user adoption, process automation and data benefit realisation
- Liaising with other Product Owners for mapping and managing dependencies
- Creating release notes, documenting released products and associated specifications
- Acting as the primary driver and motivator for the Agile team
- Providing feedback on individual performance, capability and development needs
- defining and enforcing a data governance framework for the Compliance stream highlighting data quality and integrity issues
- Building a good understanding of the company’s Compliance tools stack and liaising with external vendors as may be required
- researching & proposing new tools and methodologies to ensure the bank is at the forefront in combating Financial Crime
- Experience working in the financial sector
- A solid understanding of Scrum and Agile methodologies with previous experience in leading Agile teams and using collaboration tools such as JIRA and Confluence
- Knowledge of banking and investments will be considered an asset
- Exposure to Compliance, AML, Financial Crime and Fraud Detection will be considered an asset
An attractive salary package will be offered to the right candidate.