On behalf of our client, we are currently looking for a Financial Crime Compliance Manager. The selected candidate will be responsible for the management of the anti-financial crime function. Reporting directly to the Head of Compliance, the candidate will be also assisting in developing and implementing all the policies, procedures, and controls related to AML, CFT, ABC & Sanctions.
Our client is an established bank offering a selection of savings and investment schemes whilst also including wealth management.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring of processes in relation to Financial Crime risks and acting as an MLRO Delegate
- Ensuring compliance with laws, rules, regulations, and directives issued pursuant to the Prevention of Money Laundering and Funding of Terrorism Regulations (PMLFTR), Bribery & Corruption, and Sanctions regulations
- Overseeing and managing the Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and payments processes in line with the Banks standards and regulatory obligations, including monitoring of transactions
- Assisting in the identification, investigation, and escalation of suspicious financial crime activity
- Interacting and collaborating with other departments on issues related to Financial Crime Compliance, particularly CDD, transaction or payment processes, and sanctions
- Managing requests for information and documentation received from the FIAU, Police Authorities, Courts of Malta and providing timely reports on financial crime activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Banking, Compliance or related field (not compulsory)
- Previous work experience in Compliance, CDD and AML, ideally in the corporate business sector
- Excellent command of the English language
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered to the successful candidate.