Due to the growing demand in our iGaming and Financial Licensing portfolio, we are seeking to recruit a highly-driven Legal Associate with a solid background in Gaming Law and an interest in Financial Services.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to grow in a thriving business and collaborate with a dedicated team of lawyers having diverse areas of specialisation.
Our client is an established law firm consulting on a wide portfolio of projects and clients.
- Support senior lawyers in providing legal and compliance services and advising clients on the licensing and later compliance processes with MGA and MFSA;
- Following up of prospective clients to understand requirements, and providing continuous support to existing clients;
- Providing general corporate advice in relation to the setting up and maintenance of companies;
- Drafting and reviewing contracts, policies and licensing documents, and any other compliance requirements;
- Keeping abreast of relevant legislation, and sharing this knowledge with the team;
- Contribute articles or content on gaming law and other related areas.
- A legal warrant of practice issued in Malta backed up by further relevant qualifications;A minimum of 2 years’ experience post-warrant within the gaming industry or as a gaming lawyer
- Well-versed on MGA regulations and able to advise clients as needed;
- Willing to learn MFSA licensing procedures;
- Knowledge of AML, Compliance and GDPR requirements;
- Highly organised, self-driven and able to take ownership of new assigned projects;
- Impeccable fluency in written and spoken English;
- A 5-star service mentality, ensuing client satisfaction in every interaction whilst demonstrating a solid business acumen;
- Strong communication skills, able to engage positively and productively with clients, colleagues and service providers alike;
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines;
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft applications.
The right candidate will be offered an attractive remuneration package and progression plan, commensurate with knowledge and experience.
Sarah Miceli +356 2123 2224/5, 2557 2223 (direct)