An excellent opportunity has arisen to join an established company within the financial services sector as a Head of Compliance and MLRO.
Our client is an established international company within the financial services industry.
- Creating, upgrading and implementing policies and procedures to promote compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- Preparing a compliance register and executing a compliance programme
- Identifying potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk as well as actively developing solutions
- Monitoring onboarding and account maintenance of lending, deposits and current account clients’ processes to ensure compliance with the company’s policies and procedures
- Acting as Anti-Money Laundering Reporting Officer
- Managing STRs, submissions and correspondence to regulators and implementing anti-money laundering procedures for the company
- Monitoring and assisting in internal and external audits and investigations
- Representing the company in external committees/seminars and/or meetings as may be required by the role and by senior management
- Potentially, managing any junior staff engaged to form part of the Compliance Unit
- Being involved in other committees as applicable and assisting the Senior Management in taking proper and timely decisions
- Perform any additional task related to the post
- Applicants must hold a degree in either Law, Banking and Finance
- Experience in financial services regulations and compliance matters is a must
- The chosen candidate must hold great expertise in AML related regulations
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Fluency in English and Maltese
- Candidates must be PQ’d by the MFSA
An attractive salary will be offered to the right candidate.