Our well established client within the financial services industry is seeking to recruit a Head of Risk and MLRO to join their team. The chosen candidate must be PQ’d by the MFSA.
Our client is an established international company within the financial services industry.
The role will involve reporting to the CEO.
As a Head of Risk, duties include::
- Managing the credit risk related to the Bank’s lending portfolio
- Managing the due diligence and approval process for loan proposals
- Monitor the existing lending portfolio
- Issuing credit related reports, effect proper analysis, including eventual stress testing on the Bank’s loan portfolio
- Managing and/or overseeing the population of credit information in the credit database system of the Bank;
- Analysing credit applications
- Member of the Credit Risk Committee of the Bank
- Formulating policies, developing procedures and setting guidelines related to the credit process, to ensure compliance with MFSA guidelines;
- Administering those policies and procedures in an efficient manner;
- Managing and supervise official/s employed in the loan processing area and in doing so, he must try to bring them on to higher levels of competence;
- Performing any additional task related to the post.
As MLRO, the role is administratively answerable to the Chief Executive Officer of the Bank. The MLRO has direct access to the Board of Directors whenever required. Responsibilities will include:
- managing internal STRs, submissions and correspondence to the FIAU
- implementing anti-money laundering procedures for the Bank;
- identifying potential areas of AML vulnerability and implement the necessary controls;
- Giving regular training and guidance to the Bank’s employees with regards to AML;
- To report to the Board of Directors;
- Performing any additional task related to the post
- This position calls for a candidate who holds extensive Credit Risk experience within the financial services sector
- The chosen candidate must already be PQ’d by the MFSA to act as MLRO
- The chosen candidate must have attention to detail and must be organized
- Fluent in Maltese and English
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate,
Francesca Buhagiar +356 2123 2224/5, 2557 2225 (direct)