An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Head of Risk to join an established company within the financial services industry. The Head of Risk will be responsible for the overall risk management. Candidates must ideally be already PQ’d by the MFSA to act as Risk officer and must hold experience within such a role.
Our client is an established international company within the financial services industry.
The Head of Risk will be reporting to the Chief Executive Officer.
Responsibilities will include:
- Advising the Board of Directors on the company’s risk appetite and risk strategy
- Advising the Board of Directors on potential risks to the company, including credit, market, operational, corporate governance, business continuity, regulatory and other
- Monitoring the Risk Staff and provide guidance where necessary
- Leading the Risk Management Department as Head, and in doing so plan and design the overall risk management process of the company and its risk control function
- Drafting of risk management policies and procedures and other internal governance documents, and implementation thereof
- Identifying potential areas of vulnerability and risk as well as actively developing solutions
- Supervising and leading subordinates in risk and pass on knowledge and expertise in all possible instances;
- Assist in internal and external audits and investigations related to risk issues
- Be involved in other management committees as applicable and assist the Chief Executive Officer in taking proper and timely decisions in
- Perform any additional task related to the post.
- A Degree in Accountancy, Economics or Banking and Finance;
- Postgraduate degrees in risk management shall be considered an asset
- At least 3 years’ experience working in a related field;Being already approved by the MFSA as Risk Officer will be a strong advantage;
- Experience in the banking industry would be an asset
The chosen candidate will benefit from an attractive remuneration package commensurate with experience together with the opportunity to become part of an energetic management team of a well-structured organization.
Francesca Buhagiar +356 2123 2224/5, 2557 2225 (direct)