We are looking for Junior Compliance Associates who should have knowledge of the laws that govern prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism in Malta and the international standards and EU legislation in the area. Applicants should possess good written and verbal communications skills, should be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and office automation tool. Those who possess a basic knowledge of statistics will be given preference.
Our client is responsible for the collection, processing, analysis and sharing of information for compliance purposes.
The selected candidate would be expected to:
- To assist in the planning, preparation and execution of AML/CFT compliance assessments of subject persons in liaison with other supervisory authorities as may be appropriate;
- To participate in meetings of the Compliance Monitoring Committee;
- To review, assess and evaluate inspection reports, to advise and report thereon, and to contribute towards the implementation of any corrective measures and follow up procedures when necessary;
- To contribute in advising and assisting subject persons to establish appropriate AML and CFT internal structures and controls;
- To ensure that subject persons appoint a competent MLRO and to maintain an updated list of all MLROs;
- To assist in the provision of AML training and public awareness;
- To assist in report writing on AML/CFT compliance examinations either alone or with their superior in conjunction with the relevant supervisory authorities under the agreements in place;
- To receive, review, assess, follow up and evaluate annual risk evaluation questionnaires submitted by subject persons;
- To liaise and co-operate with supervisory authorities in implementing and monitoring compliance procedures; and To identify subject persons and maintain subject person data; and
- To attend any training to which the junior associate is nominated by management.
Applicants must be either:
- In possession of a University degree or an equivalent qualification in Financial Services, Banking and Finance, Economics, Law, Statistics, Accounting, Auditing, Mathematics, English, Artificial Intelligence or Computer Information Systems. Candidates in possession of a University degree or an equivalent qualification in another subject will also be eligible for this post, provided that they have proven work experience in an area which is relevant to this position; or
- In possession of a MQF Level 5 qualification in Financial Services, Banking and Finance, Economics, Law, Statistics, Accounting, Auditing, Mathematics, English, Artificial Intelligence or Computer Information Systems and at least 3 years work experience relevant to this post. Candidates in possession of an equivalent qualification in another subject will also be eligible for this post, provided that they have proven work experience in an area which is relevant to this position.
Sarah Miceli +356 2123 2224/5, 2557 2223 (direct)