An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Lawyer to join an established law firm and specialize within the IP and Data Protection department. The successful candidate will be assisting clients in Data Protection Law as well as advising clients on a range of disruptive technologies.
Our client is one of the leading law firms on our island.
The successful candidate will be mainly assisting clients with General Data Protection Regulation compliance including:
- Drafting and reviewing privacy policies and privacy notices;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating data processing agreements, data sharing, and joint controller agreements;
- Providing advice on data subjects’ rights;
- Conducting gap analyses and assisting clients with data recording obligations;
- Assisting company DPOs
The role would also involve:
- advising on the development, exploitation and protection of new technologies and related IP, and the procurement of IT systems and services, including dispute resolution
- advising clients on a range of disruptive technologies including cloud computing, artificial intelligence, blockchain, and big data
- This position calls for a hardworking candidate who is diligent and has an eye for detail
- The ideal candidate must also hold excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills in English
- Candidates must hold a Law Degree and must hold a warrant
- Candidates must hold around 2 years of experience within a similar role
An attractive salary will be offered to the right candidate. A career path will also be provided.