An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Lawyer to work with a leading law firm here in Malta and to join their Tax & Immigration Law department. The selected candidate will have the chance to work in a team of highly specialised lawyers, as well as excellent career growth prospects, the opportunity for continuing professional development and exposure to clients in the middle market and multinational sectors. Appropriate on going and on the job training will be provided.
Our client is one of the most well-established multi-disciplinary law firms here in Malta, with a predominantly international clientele, providing tailored legal services across all practice areas.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Providing personalised, results driven advice to the Department’s extensive corporate and private clientele (providing both legal and practical support to clients wishing to operate/relocate to Malta
- Advising on firm briefs across a range of practice areas, such as M&A transactions and asset finance, as well as advising clients involved in tax disputes with the local Revenue.
- Working together with the Group’s Tax Compliance Team to provide clients with a complete and impeccable tax and immigration law service
- A Tax Law degree and/or previous work experience in taxation will be considered a strong asset
- Strong interpersonal and people skills
- Strong written and verbal English communications skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, when required
- The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and ambitious, a team player, and will have a results-focused approach
An attractive remuneration and benefits package commensurate with experience and qualification will be offered to the successful candidate