A unique opportunity has arise for a Legal and Compliance Officer to join a well-established company within the banking industry. The Legal and Compliance Officer will join the Risk and Compliance department and will focus on compliance issues with the opportunity to further develop skills in Risk Management.
Our client is a well-established company within the financial services industry.
The Legal and Compliance Officer will be assisting the Chief Risk and Compliance Officer as well as the MLRO. Some if the duties include but are not limited to:
- assisting in the customer due diligence processes and ongoing monitoring of customer files
- reviewing of legal contracts
- assisting in the formulation and maintenance of the banks’s policies and procedures
- keeping up to date with the developments in various roles, laws and regulations which affect the bank including AML and Countering the Financing of Terrorism, General Data Protection Regulations and Banking Rules
- liaising with various consultant in Malta and other countries
- The candidate must have attention to detail and be able to work in a fast paced environment
- A Degree in Maltese Law is required
- Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written English
- Some previous experience in a compliance environment would be desirable.
An attractive salary will be offered to the right candidate commensurate with experience and qualifications.