An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Legal and Compliance Officer to join a financial services company and form part of their legal and compliance team, supporting the head of compliance and head of legal.
Our client is an established financial services company.
Duties include but are not limited:
- Drafting and vetting of contracts with third party service providers as well as customers and counter parties Drafting, reviewing and assisting in issuing guarantee letters, pledge agreements, facility letters and other contracts and documentation for and on behalf of the company
- Maintenance of databases and files in a central registry Supporting the head of legal with legal research
- Liaising with regulatory authorities
- Advising executives and employees about changes to the legal framework and regulatory environment of the bank Assisting with the drafting of legal documentation
- Supporting the Head of Legal and Head of Compliance with their day-to-day workload
- Other duties to be determined by the Head of Legal and Head of Compliance
- The ideal candidate must pro-active and able to work on own initiative
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a relevant role
- Knowledge of legal requirements and controls (e.g. Anti-Money Laundering, or AML)
- Familiarity with industry practices and professional standards
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English
An attractive salary will be offered to the right candidate.
Francesca Buhagiar +356 2123 2224/5, 2557 2225 (direct)