We are looking for a Legal Counsel to join an established company within the financial services sector. The Legal Counsel will work alongside the Chief Risk and Compliance Officer.
Our client is a well-established company within the financial services industry.
Some duties include but are not limited to:
- Advising on a range of legal issues, including on contract law, regulatory matters, data privacy, and other day-to-day issues
- Reviewing of agreements and legal notices
- Identifying legal risks
- Liaising with external legal counsel across a number of EU jurisdictions;
- Attending to Data Privacy related requests
- Assisting local authorities with investigations, preparing information reports etc.
- Assisting in the customer due diligence processes and ongoing monitoring of business relationships as well as assisting in the formulation and maintenance of bank policies and procedures.
- This position calls for a diligent individual who is hardworking and able to work under pressure
- The chosen candidate must be meticulous and attentive to detail
- Candidates must hold an LLM from an European University
- Knowledge of Maltese law is required
- Working knowledge of data privacy, contract law and financial services law is required
- Candidates must hold a minimum of 1 year experience within the financial services
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the right candidate as well as prospects of career development.