Challenge yourself and join one of the largest and most dynamic companies in Malta! We are seeking to recruit a Legal Counsel to join a team of professionals.
Our client is a well established bus operator, and is committed to delivering exceptionally high-quality service in Malta.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts, terms and conditions and other legal documentation relating to the Company’s business and providing legal advice for any legal/contractual matters;
- Communicating with external law firms on case strategy and to obtain legal opinion and advice;
- Assisting and conducting all matters related to corporate governance including shareholder and Board of Directors resolutions, amendment of M&A, registration and follow-up of Registry of Companies;
- Monitoring and advising on legal proceedings before courts, authorities and any governmental agencies;
- Providing necessary legal information and advice on local and European laws and regulations;
- Supporting other departments of the company (Finance, IT, Commercial, Human Resources, etc.) and provide regulatory guidance as necessary;
- Generally, helping and counselling the company to ensure all procedures are in line with the legal requirements, and risks are mitigated appropriately.
- Warranted and qualified with a Bachelor of Laws (Honours);
- Have a minimum of 2 years post-qualification working experience in a Law firm or as in-house lawyer;
- Strong knowledge of Commercial, Contractual, Data Protection and Corporate Law;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Maltese;
- Ability to understand business needs and to anticipate potential issues and provide recommendations on risk management;
- Proactive, team player, self-motivated, ability to work autonomously, tenacious, and problem solver;
- Able to travel within Europe as may be required by the Company.
- Knowledge of Transport Law and proven working experience in this field is a plus;
- Relevant field and/or a post-graduate degree will be considered an asset;
- Oral and written skills in Spanish and any other language will be considered a plus;
- Experience in an international working environment would be beneficial;
- Candidates with proven experience as Legal Counsel will be given preference.
An attractive package will be offered to the chosen candidate.
Sarah Miceli +356 2123 2224/5, 2557 2223 (direct)