The Legal Executive is required to work closely with the management team of a Corporate & Trust Service Provider in relation to the on-going management of client relationships and internal procedures with a focus on legal and compliance related matters.
Our client provides multi-jurisdictional corporate, trust and bookkeeping support to leading legal and financial institutions throughout the world.
- Legal & Compliance advice and support to the Corporate Manager and the team of administrators and accountants.
- Liaison with clients and management of clients’ specific requests which may include, for example, establishing a new structure, entering into a sale and purchase transaction, restructuring an existing corporate structure, general problem-solving. The successful candidate would be able/expected to consult with in-house and external lawyers and accountants as required.
- Assisting the administration team with drafting corporate and trust resolutions of a complex nature.
- Researching legislation / regulations when applicable and discussing such with in-house or external counsel as required.
- Internal audits of clients files which includes a compliance/AML review as well as review of corporate and/or trust documents
- Authority to represent the Employer when the Employer is acting as a corporate director and/or officer or trustee for client entities. The Employer operates a four-eye policy so that two senior employees of the Employer consult on all decisions taken by the Employer when acting in its capacity as a trustee, director or officer of client entities.
- Meet with clients by phone, skype or in person when necessary. This may involve periodic travel from time to time.
- Excellent command of English both written and spoken with the ability to communicate well with international clients
- Preference would be given to candidates with a legal qualification (i.e. LL.B or LL.D)
- High standards of customer service, well organised with a natural attention to detail
- Flexible attitude and able to work autonomously whilst also adhering to the company’s internal policies and procedures
- Good knowledge of Malta’s (and/or other common law jurisdictions) legislation covering corporate, compliance, tax and trust. It would be an advantage if the candidate had experience or knowledge relating to Malta tax matters.
- Candidate should be knowledgeable of Malta incorporation procedures or able to adapt knowledge from another jurisdiction and apply accordingly.
- Ability to understand accounting procedures and interpret financial statements and be comfortable assisting staff and clients in relation to audit and Inland Revenue procedures
- Strong IT skills with ability to learn new systems quickly. Very competent in the use of Microsoft office products.
- Strong knowledge of AML-ATF legislation and compliance procedures
An attractive offer will be given to an enthusiastic professional who is looking for a long-term career to work closely with and ultimately to be part of a management team.
Employer is seeking a qualified and experienced professional to assist with the more complex client matters, to support the team and develop relationships with clients. The successful candidate will work alongside the Management team, who currently manage a number of the key client relationships, to provide support to the team of administrators as well as sharing responsibilities for client relationships.
Sarah Miceli +356 2123 2224/5, 2557 2223 (direct)