Our client, a well established financial institution, is seeking to recruit a Legal Manager .This is a great opportunity for candidates who are seeking a career within a dynamic company, that is expanding at a fast rate both locally and internationally.
Our client is one of the most tailored high-end lifestyle management and payment service groups in the world.
The Legal Manager will be reporting to the Legal Manager. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing of Terms and Conditions and ancillary agreements for various products and updating from time to time according to need; advising on consumer law, interest, tax issues relating to products
- Contracts review (employment, commercial, leases, suppliers, service providers etc) and B2B agreements with financial Institutions and Banks (Distributor, Agency, Introducer, etc)
- Review of laws and impact on business (FATCA; Data localization, PSD, MIFID etc)
- Internally advising the departments on day-to-day issues covering a number of issues (employment law, data protection, regulatory matters)
- Cross-border business – Liaising with External Counsel in EU or Third Countries
- Litigation management which might be dealt by external counsel; attending court sittings on behalf the company; appointed judicial representative
- Debt collection – liaising with external lawyer and drafting settlement/compromise agreements with delinquent customers as required
- Legal Budget management
- Communicating with MFSA
- A Law Degree and at least 3 years’ experience as in-house lawyer in a Bank/Financial Services Company
- Knowledge of Maltese legal regulations is required
- Strong technical legal skills including drafting and negotiating legal documentation to the highest standard;
- Strong commercial focus with high attention to detail
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, manage competing deadlines and deliver under pressure
An attractive salary will be offered to the right candidate.