We are seeking to recruit a Procurement Specialist. The selected candidate would be expected to be a good team player and be particularly organised, meticulous and demonstrate outstanding multi-tasking abilities.
Our client is responsible for the collection, processing, analysis and sharing of information for compliance purposes.
- Handling the public procurement process for the department;
- Preparing all the necessary documentation for the publication of the calls for tenders and suggest best procurement strategy to be used for the particular acquisition;
- Assisting in the detailed monitoring and enforcement of Public Procurement procedures and ensuring that all procurement documents are in line with the applicable procedural and technical requirements, whilst ensuring confidentiality of sensitive procurement information at all times and ensuring compliance in such proceedings;
- Reviewing/assisting in the selection of members of staff to sit on the Evaluation Committees;
- Assisting the department to answer any clarifications that may arise during the tendering period and evaluation;
- Attending during Tender Opening Sessions and other pertinent assignments in order to ensure that all the stipulated regulations are adhered to;
- Effecting detailed vetting of procurement documents for supplies, services or works tenders;
- Spearheading and preparing the review of evaluation reports prepared by the Evaluation Committees for meetings;
- Preparing and/or assisting in the drafting and signing of contracts and other related documents for supplies, services or works tenders;
- Formulating, implementing and monitoring policies, protocols and operating procedures and manuals;
- Preparing monthly status reports to enable the monitoring and enforcement of public procurement procedures
- Operating IT Systems, including the portal, used for the management of calls for tenders and reporting of public procurement;
- Representing the department in front of Boards, Tribunals and the Courts of Law for Procurement purposes;
- Act as the Green Public Procurement leader
- Providing leadership to Junior Executives /Administrative Assistants /General Duties Assistants in charge of supplies, services and works;
- Keeping abreast with new procurement regulations and policies;
- Monitoring that items received are as per specifications set out in relevant purchase orders so as to limit over/under ordering;
- Maintaining inventory levels in line with management’s dictate;
- Ensuring that goods and supplies are received just-in-time through efficient procurement strategies across the supply chain in order to mitigate stock out and low stocks;
- Ensuring that the necessary research has been carried out with regard to supplier and products so as to be in a position to select the best procurement strategy;
- Preventing, investigating and reporting inefficiencies or possible misconduct in the acquisition system and identifying any corrective action required;
- Ensuring the timely processing of all purchase orders, schedule delivery dates and transportation methods;
- Maintain the low stock and stock outs to a minimal level across all Sections of the company together with drawing up routine reports based on the value of expenditure and reasons for shortages;
- Carrying out any other duties as directed by the Director, Deputy Director, Senior Manager and Manager.
- Applicants must be in possession of a Bachelor’s qualification at MQF Level 6 in either Procurement, Laws, Management, Accounts, Finance, Public Policy, Economics or a comparable qualification, plus a minimum of one year relevant work experience in Procurement matters.
- The selected candidate would be expected to be a good team player and be particularly organised, meticulous and demonstrate outstanding multi-tasking abilities.
- Furthermore, applicants should have excellent communication skills in both Maltese and English, should be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office and office automation tools, have a pleasant personality, and be of good moral character.
An attractive package will be offered to the right candidate including other benefits including flexible hours.
Sarah Miceli +356 2123 2224/5, 2557 2223 (direct)