Our well-established client, as part of the growth in their regulated industries portfolio, is seeking to recruit an ambitious and driven Regulated Industries Advisor to offer regulatory insight and practical solutions throughout the licensing application process.
The role reports into the Senior Manager for Tax and Regulated Industries and offers opportunities to be mentored and develop one’s knowledge in this dynamic sector while building lasting relationships with clients from all over the globe.
Our client is a group of companies offering a range of different services in a very dynamic and competitive B2B and B2C environments.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Communicating with potential clients and act as a regulatory advisor to incoming queries on MFSA license acquisition including but not limited to insurance, funds, EMIs, PSPs and VFA process requirements;
- Upon client engagement, assist in the MFSA application process, reviewing of required business plans, policies and procedures before such application is submitted to the MFSA
- Reading and keeping abreast with developments in the national regulatory framework, informing the team of such changes and ensuring that any advice given to clients is always updated
- Offering day to day support on issues related to compliance and regulation
- Liaising with internal departments as well as regulatory and supervisory bodies.
- Degree in Law, Commerce or another relevant field;
- Knowledge of the MFSA regulatory framework and a keen interest to develop one’s knowledge in the financial services industry including, blockchain and virtual financial assets;
- Minimum of two years’ experience working in a legal, corporate or regulated environment;
- A 5-star service mentality, ensuing client satisfaction in every interaction whilst demonstrating a solid business acumen;
- Strong communication skills, able to engage positively and productively with clients, colleagues and the Regulator alike;
- Fluent in spoken and written English. Knowledge of another language would be considered an asset
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Highly organised, efficient and able to manage own workload with minimal supervision;
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft applications.
An attractive salary package will be offered to the right candidate.
Applications from non-EU residents will not be accepted/acknowledged.