An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Risk Manager to develop a career within a dynamic company, that is expanding both locally and internationally. The Risk Manager will be responsible for the oversight of enterprise risk management.
Our client is one of the most bespoke high-end lifestyle management and payment service groups in the world.
The Risk Manager will be reporting to the General Manager. Some of the duties include but are not limited to:
• Ensuring that there is an appropriate and comprehensive risk appetite statement that is in line with the business strategy of the organization.
• Establishing and developing all risk controls required by the regulatory frameworks to remain within the agreed risk appetite.
• Ensuring that the Risk and Control Frameworks are adequate, operational and effective.
• Ensuring these frameworks are maintained and updated as approved by the Senior Management
• Compiling, assessing and reporting risk information and MI to the management committee and other executive or board level committees as required.
• handling the development and ownership of key risk control documents such as the capital, credit, operational, conduct adequacy. Ongoing management of these key measures working closely with the Chief Finance Officer, Head of Compliance and other members of the management committee and other executive or board level committees
• Working closely with senior managers across the business in ensuring that the risk appetite statement is comprehensive and adequate to the strategy;
• Formulating and articulating a coherent risk appetite and infrastructure, including methodology, MI and reporting.
• Developing and managing Operational & Conduct Risk Management frameworks of the Institution including policies, procedures, methodology and MI.
• Continuously developing, enhancing and embedding the risk framework for managing risks across the institution, ensuring that processes are fit for purpose.
• Ensuring that there is a comprehensive suite of policies and procedures that are complete and up to date to accompany the risk appetite statements
• Collaborating with finance to ensure strong delinquency, provisioning, credit and loss management
• Overseeing fraud risk management ensuring processes and controls are fit for purpose and managed.
• Being a key member of the credit committee delivering analysis of credit and capital requirements covering clients and consumers.
• Developing the methodologies for calculating the various risk drivers for both capital and liquidity including the stress testing framework.
• This position call for a candidate with excellent leadership skills, including the ability to manage risk, control activities in a regulated and financial environment.
• The candidate must be a skilled communicator with the ability to influence and motivate others.
• Good knowledge and experience of best practice risk management and governance frameworks, methodologies, and emerging practice, in relation to the Maltese financial services context is required.
• Ability to exercise oversight governance, risk, compliance and control arrangements in a complex financial operation.
• Problem-solving and decision-making skills, with the ability to analyse complex information to identify the key issue/action and drive resolution.
• Knowledge and understanding of risk control arrangements.
• Proven ability to oversee a number of risk types, ideally including operational, conduct, regulatory and strategic risks.
• Knowledge of regulatory environment and key regulatory regimes.
• Understanding of financial and strategic planning.
• Understanding of key risks arising from launching business lines and/or retail banking operations.
An attractive salary will be offered to the right candidate.