Our well-established client, operating within the corporate and trust services sector is seeking to recruit a Senior Client and Legal Administrator. The Senior Client & Legal Administrator will work within the Client team in Malta and will provide sound legal advice and deal with all aspects of administration of Malta and/or International companies, trusts and other structures
Our client offers trust and corporate services.
The Senior Client and Legal Administrator will report to the Head Office in Malta. Duties include:
- Conduct legal analysis and research legal matters.
- Provide sound advice on legal matters.
- Draft memoranda and briefing documents.
- Review legal material and provide clarification on legal language or specifications to clients and other involved stakeholders
- Perform all aspects of corporate and/or trust administration, including the incorporation and dissolution/liquidation of companies and other structures.
- Liaise with clients (both internal and/or external), professional advisors and other third parties, intermediaries and Key Account Managers.
- Demonstrate an understanding of both routine and complex transactions; Prepare documents in relation to both routine and complex transactions, including minutes and resolutions.
- Record all time spent accurately to facilitate invoicing and internal reporting.
- Reviewing and approving client invoices as part of the billing process; Liaise where required with clients regarding unpaid bills.
- Maintain company records and ensure files are maintained in a correct manner, including due diligence.
- Follow policies and procedures and foster an environment of good corporate governance and best practice.
- Arranging and participating in client meetings.
- Maintain an ongoing relationship with the client to ensure clear communications with and a successful rendering of administration services to the client.
- Providing technical support, coaching and mentoring to non-senior team members.
- Acting as the nominated representative of the company in relation to company secretary appointments for client entities.
- Review client related documentation.
- Assist with complaints resolution and escalating client queries or issues.
- Contribute to the achievement of the team’s Key Performance indicators.
- Conduct risk and account reviews; conduct remediation as necessary.
- Act as an authorized signatory of certain in-house companies which act for client companies in various capacities.
- Ensuring that fiduciary duties are carried out with due care and diligence.
- Participate in ad-hoc projects when required.
- Recognise and contribute to the mitigation of risks.
- Responsibility for implementing and maintaining controls relevant to the position
- University degree in related subject, or equivalent.
- Holding a legal degree is an advantage.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in the administration of companies and trusts
- Have the ability to work as a member of a team.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with clients, staff and management in a number of different jurisdictions.
- Fluent in English.
An attractive remuneration package will be commensurate with experience and seniority.
Francesca Buhagiar +356 2123 2224/5, 2557 2225 (direct)