Our client is seeking to recruit an experienced Senior Compliance Executive. The successful candidate will form part of the Risk and Compliance team focusing primarily on the provision of advisory services to clients in the field of AML and CFT compliance, and will be reporting to the Risk and Compliance Senior Manager.
A well-established firm of professional accountants and auditors with significant experience in multiple disciplines within the professional and commercial services sectors, offering a network of independent tax advisors, business consultants and auditors, present in over 70 countries and is one of the fastest growing networks in this field.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Development and management of systems adopted by the department, ensuring their effectiveness and efficiency
- Providing internal support to the companies forming part of the Group, and entities with which the company has a collaborative arrangement, in the development of procedures and the application of those procedures, including the review of customer due diligence files and the provision of guidance and advice
- Contributing to the advisory work provided by the company in financial crime compliance, including the carrying out of process audits, gap analyses, simulated on-site inspections, the drafting and/or review of policies and procedures, the drafting and/or review of staff manuals, assistance with the drawing up and implementation of remediation plans, ongoing assistance to MLROs and Compliance Officers and the carrying out of AML/CFT risk assessments
- Assistance to the MLROs of the different group companies with the fulfilment of their obligations
- AML/CFT training to clients of the Group, employees of companies forming part of the Group and entities with which the company has a collaborative arrangemen
- Carrying out internal and external reviews of the adequacy of policies and procedures and their implementation, and the drawing up of remediation plans.
- At least 3 years` experience in an AML/CFT role
- A University degree or equivalent qualification in a related area
- Proficient working knowledge of the laws governing the prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism in Malta, the FIAU Implementing Procedures, the relevant EU legislation and the international standards
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards
- Excels when operating in a fast-pace environment and ability to prioritise and deliver with tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills in English as well as excellent interpersonal skills
An attractive salary will be offered to the right candidate depending on experience.