Our client, a very well established corporate services provider, is seeking to recruit a Senior Compliance Officer to supervise and form part of a dynamic team that handles international clients operating in a wide range of industries.
Our client is a management services company that has been set up to offer its clients ‘hands on’ assistance in their day to day needs. It has been offering specialised services to the gaming industry from the onset of online gaming in Malta. Pre-licensing assistance in the form of business plans, financials, liaison with the local authorites, assistance in the application procedure to company incorporation and maintenance. Our client also offers services such as accountancy, recruitment, IT consultancy, data protection and property management amongst others.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Monitoring plans and providing monthly reports or other reporting as and when requested by management
- Monitoring adherence of risk controls, identifying weaknesses and advise management accordingly
- Coordinating support as well as addressing compliance queries of the organisation
- Keeping abreast of local and international standards in relation to AML/CFT
- Assisting in client engagement and review of business relationships
- Collaborating with the accounts department/external auditors with regards to any CDD confirmations requested for audits or in relation to dissolution of companies
- Supervising the Implementation of in-house client acceptance requirements
- Supervising and being a point of reference to the Compliance team and effectively address departmental queries
- Contributing towards the optimisation of the company’s in-house compliance programme
- Client re-evaluation in line with the company’s quality and risk management policies
- Assisting in audit processes, practices and documents and making suitable recommendations
- Assisting in educating and training employees on regulations and advocate and encourage the collection of proper records
- A Bachelor’s degree in Law or Business or a related field, and/or relevant qualifications in AML/CFT
- Previous work experience in compliance (at least 3 years)
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Excellent command of the English language
An attractive remuneration and benefits package commensurate with experience and qualifications will be offered to the successful candidate. Excellent career growth prospects and an opportunity for continual professional development will also be provided.